Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
One of the key drivers to our success is an exceptional emphasis on our people. We believe that our competitive advantage lies in our talent and that we can build a sustainable advantage by enabling individuals and teams to contribute their full potential. The People Partner (HRBP) team helps to drive those efforts in either our Tech, Core, and Business Org. This includes supporting our leaders and managers through scale, creating an environment where Stripes of all backgrounds can thrive, aligning our business strategy with our people strategy, using data to develop best practices from 1st principles.
What you’ll do
As a People Partner, you’ll help make Stripe a great place to work and grow. You’ll work with business leaders, managers, and employees across Stripe to strategize and implement systems, processes, and programs to help people succeed.
- Guide and support sales teams within our go-to-market organization or part of our core organizations through global growth
- Act as a coach, partner, and confidant to managers and leaders in the organization(s) you’ll support on all things people-related, such as performance management & coaching, employee relations, leveling processes, and organizational development
- Analyze people data and trends to inform decisions on strategy and programs and ensure we are building healthy orgs that are ready to grow with the business
- Partner with People Programs, People Operations, Career and Global Mobility, Total Rewards, Recruiting, Inclusion and Diversity, and Education to develop programs that continually elevate the caliber and kindness of Stripes
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 6-10+ years of experience as an HR business partner, preferably with a mix of experience in fast-growing technology companies and more established organizations
- Experience partnering and influencing senior leaders to help drive and align their people strategy and increase business results
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to partner and influence across diverse groups and experience levels
- A strategist and scaler, who can connect the dots between where we’re going and how we need to nudge the organization to get there
- A partner and connector who builds trusted relationships with managers and leaders by providing deep insights and helping them see around corners
- A business partner who deeply understands Stripe’s strategy and aligns it with the organization’s structures, processes, initiatives and processes
- A collaborator, who gets energy from working with leaders to create the best possible teams and organizational structures
- A strategic thinker whose decisions are informed by data, experience, and Stripe’s operating principles
- A coach who loves building and developing high-impact teams
- Experience supporting organizations within core, go-to-market or other revenue business teams