Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies – from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups – use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The EMEA Partnerships team is responsible for developing, and managing Stripe’s strategic partnerships with financial institutions and card networks. These relationships provide Stripe users with best in class financial infrastructure and enable Stripe’s expansion into areas of business.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Partner Manager for Stripe’s EMEA Partnerships Team. You will be responsible for developing and executing multi-year, global strategies for building Stripe’s relationships across many of our most important Card Network partners. You will focus on designing, scaling, and continuously improving mechanisms to deepen relationships with Stripe’s partners. As part of these efforts, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders (including Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Risk, etc.), and with external partners’ senior executives.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to manage and develop partners, think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, and earn trust with others. A strong sense of ownership, resilience, and entrepreneurial spirit are musts.
- Manage Stripe’s most critical Card Network partnerships, with a focus on driving the execution of joint initiatives and launching new offerings to benefit Stripe users
- Ensure best-in-class, methodical partner management
- Leverage industry knowledge to craft thoughtful partnership and product strategies, and execute deals and initiatives that support Stripe’s strategy
- Gather inputs from and coordinate with internal cross-functional stakeholders (including risk, compliance, product, engineering, treasury) on the creation and execution of partner strategy
- Identify stakeholders that can champion Stripe, educate them about Stripe’s value proposition
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 10+ years of experience in strategic partnerships, business development, corporate development or related field
- 8+ years of experience related to payments, card networks or financial services
- Experience executing industry-wide partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models
- Strong negotiation skills with experience independently leading negotiations
- Experience working in a product centric environments with significant internal and external dependencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience reviewing legal documents
- An operationally focused mindset, with an ability to see a deal through to success, far beyond signing, leading teams through execution by using planning, metrics, and organizational structures