Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we are doing so in part by entering new markets. The Accounting Team’s mission is to implement and maintain leading accounting practices in support of Stripe’s growth. We are looking for a Program Manager with expertise and experience in leading market and entity expansion programs and directing Finance and other organizations through new legal entity evaluations. All roles in Stripe Accounting are hands-on, and this role involves creating new processes as well as updating and continuously improving existing processes. Building foundations is our focus. We operate in a fast-paced environment and collaborate significantly with international and cross-functional teams.
- Manage the international financial close and reporting process for the assigned Asia Pacific legal entity/ies. This will include journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany accounting, cost center allocations, flux analysis on balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Be the main point of contact on statutory audits of our Asia Pacific legal entities. You will liaise with external auditors and oversee their interactions with our finance outsourcing partners.
- Oversee our Asia Pacific finance outsourcing partners. These partners perform payroll, accounts payable and financial close and reporting tasks on our behalf
- Assist with the review of corporate and indirect tax returns which are performed by our outsourcing partners and working with Tax team to ensure compliance
- Research technical accounting guidance and issues and perform analysis as needed
- Manage our statutory and tax reporting obligations
- Continuously improve and accelerate processes and controls
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 8 years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Experience working in audit (Big 4 preferred) and tech industry would be advantageous but not essential
- Familiar with accounting systems and tools (Oracle or similar is a bonus)
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and local GAAP
- Detail oriented, but can visualize the larger impact of a series of transactions
- A good understanding of both financial and operational controls
- Comfortable with large data sets and pivot tables
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with cross functional teams such as Tax, Treasury, Legal
- Ability to influence across diverse groups and levels
- The ability to be flexible and very comfortable with changing requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Enthusiasm to get things done through a combination of hands-on execution and leading others
Please include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.