Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
We are passionate about startups’ success and building a strong community among founders and investors is core to Stripe’s mission of increasing the GDP of the internet.
As the Head of VC Partnerships at Stripe you will drive Stripe’s market share among startups and funded businesses in the venture capital and private equity ecosystem. You own the GTM strategy and will manage a team of partner managers, embedded in-region, who are responsible for building partnerships with top accelerators, VCs and PEs. These partnerships will create strategic value for investor portfolio companies, founders and CXOs and help them get started with Stripe’s payments and business suite of applications.
What you’ll do
As the leader of this key function you will own and develop the investor partner strategy. You will lead your team to deliver on ambitious targets for broadening the adoption of Stripe across funded companies and roll up your sleeves to work directly with them. You are an experienced leader who has demonstrated success in building a team of partner managers to work with venture capital and private equity partners. You have a deep understanding of how to create mutually beneficial commercial outcomes and are continually thinking of ways to improve outcomes for your partners and end users. You will partner closely with sales and marketing leadership to develop an integrated plan for accelerating Stripe market share.
- Serve as a key leader in EMEA to drive Stripe’s overall investor partner strategy across accelerators, venture capital and private equity
- Ensure that Stripe is the clear choice for startups and funded businesses, amplifying Stripe’s value proposition and position as a partner
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, customer success, legal, product, data-science to design best-in-class programs for engaging partners
- Work closely with sales and marketing to drive top-of-funnel activity and develop a customer journey and deliver a best-in-class experience to funded startups
- Lead a team of partner managers, coaching and developing them to achieve results and grow in their careers
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 10+ years of leadership experience working with VC and PE investors and startups
- Strategic leader and people manager with a demonstrated track record in business development and an established network in the VC and PE ecosystem across EMEA
- Analytical leader that can use data to make informed decisions on go-to-market across complex markets and ecosystems
- Strong cross-functional collaborator, working with sales, marketing, finance, product and data-science to design best-in-class programs and initiatives for partnerships
- Commercial leader that can partner with sales and customer success teams to ensure optimal customer journey and account management for funded companies
Nice to haves
- Former founder, operator, investor that has raised funding and built a comparable motion at an infrastructure company