Full Stack Engineer, Enterprise Tax Product
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Tax Reporting Product builds tax products and services for the world’s leading platforms and marketplaces to remain compliant with tax authorities. Our mission is to solve the tax complexity so that these businesses can operate and grow globally using Stripe’s network. We’re solving a very hard problem of stitching together the monetary flows and reporting obligations between an expansive collection of merchants, marketplaces, financial institutions and government regulators. Our new product distills the complex rules of tax into a platform with streamlined experiences that make tax filings easy and accurate. We are also one of the top emerging SaaS product offerings within Stripe and are enabling the company’s growth beyond core payments.
As a full stack engineer on the Tax Reporting Product team, you will be responsible for bringing systems together to build amazing experiences. You will build APIs and services for our tax platform, identity data, and work with our UX, sales and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points. You will be leading brand new tax experiences and user workflows for both platforms and all their connected accounts as part of the growing online economy. You will partner with many functions at Stripe, with the opportunity to both work on infrastructure/platform systems, as well as produce direct user-facing business impact.
What you’ll do
- Build end-to-end workflows to support tax reporting needs for platforms and marketplaces.
- Collaborate with the product, design, UXR, sales and operations teams to build great user experiences for our platform.
- Improve scalability, consistency, and resiliency of our tech stack using Ruby/Sorbet, Rails, AWS, SQL etc.
- Work with a wide range of Stripe’s engineering systems to own and solve problems across the full tech stack.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- 5+ years experience in software engineering
- Enjoys being a generalist, working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally.
- Cares about our users’ needs and will be a steward of crafting great experiences. Expect opportunities to interact with customers directly in order to better understand their use cases and to brainstorm better ways to solve their problems.
- Has experience building high-quality software and systems that strike the right balance between simplicity, flexibility, scalability, and security.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Takes pride in driving projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.