Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Corporate Accounting works across teams to distill the scale and complexity of Stripe’s operations into clear and insightful financial reporting. Quick and accurate close and reporting processes are foundational to our understanding of business performance. You will also advise on the accounting implications of new initiatives and transactions supporting teams’ ability to make informed strategic decisions. We operate in a fast-paced environment and collaborate significantly with cross-functional teams.
What you’ll do
Stripe is seeking an Accounting leader to join its world class Accounting team and help us scale for the future, in a fast-paced environment that’s growing rapidly. In this role you will support all aspects of our equity programs, leveraging your technical expertise with US GAAP, to quickly identify accounting implications and impacts to our cross-functional stakeholders. In addition, you will support our financial, regulatory and internal reporting processes, financial systems, and related internal controls.
- Build scalable accounting processes to support global growth
- Identify, recommend, and implement process and automation improvements
- Plan and perform monthly and quarterly close activities, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses, financial reporting deliverables, and analytical reviews with a focus on Equity and Stock Based Compensation
- Produce internal management analyses and reporting
- Support external audit processes
- Partner with teams such as Internal Systems, Finance and Strategy, Treasury, Global Equity Management, Tax and Legal to determine and operationalize the accounting implications of new business initiatives and transactions
- Research and prepare technical accounting documentation with a focus on Equity (ASC 505) & Stock Based Compensation (ASC 718)
- Design, implement, and execute efficient internal control procedures
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedural documentation
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 8-10 years of relevant public accounting and/or industry experience
- B.A. or B.S degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA strongly preferred)
- Fluency in U.S. GAAP and ability to research complex accounting issues
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated experience partnering with cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience with internal controls (design, implementation and execution)
- Demonstrated history of taking on various types of challenging projects and producing results
- Solution-oriented mindset with enthusiasm for establishing best practices
- Strong attention to detail and have a high degree of accuracy
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the technology or payments industry.
- Experience with Oracle, Shareworks, and/or Workiva