Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies, from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups, use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead of us. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The APAC & EMEA Cards teams own the systems powering the processing of hundreds of billions of dollars in card payments annually in the Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East regions. Engineers on the team have the opportunity to expand the reach of Stripe’s global payments network, design and implement novel payment capabilities, and deliver best-in-class reliability and performance.
In this role, you’ll be making some of the most significant strategic, product, and technical decisions for payments processing in the APAC & EMEA regions. We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to help grow our engineering teams in Singapore, Japan, and India. You’ll lead our team of engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
What you’ll do
- Work with other Stripe leaders to author Stripe’s card payment strategy in EMEA & APAC
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- You have a track record of leading productive engineering teams
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You’re excited to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You’re clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- You’re technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- You’re an experienced engineering manager who has mentored other engineering leaders to grow
- You’ve successfully recruited great people to your teams
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
- 3+ years of Engineering Management experience
- 7+ years of experience in a Software Engineering role
- Demonstrated ability of defining and driving complex initiatives/projects
- Experience hiring top talent, building diverse and inclusive teams from scratch
- Ops expertise (metrics, alarming, paging, and service availability)
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Experience with payments-related products
- Working in global and cross regional environments