Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies – from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups – use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
As Stripe’s user base and global footprint grows dramatically, we have distinctly unique support problems resulting from both our type of scale and the type of businesses we partner with. The Stripe Delivery Center (SDC) strategy will provide operational leverage and expand Stripe’s portfolio of operational capabilities to support the scaled needs for external users and internal Stripe teams. We strive to deliver frictionless experiences for all of our users, whether they are an Independent Business, Startup, SMB, or Enterprise and our mission is to provide all Stripe Users with the best experience possible.
What you’ll do
As the Manager of our Disputes Operations team, you will lead daily dispute processing operations for Stripe’s rapidly growing Banking-as-a-Service business and serve as a subject matter expert on card disputes & chargebacks. This is an exciting opportunity to scale up Stripe’s dispute operations , refine our workflows, and launch new playbooks with cross-functional partners across the globe.
You will also recruit, manage, and develop a group of Operations Associates that are focused on preventing and resolving user issues and optimizing our operational processes. This person cultivates the happiness of their team members while guiding them to be the best they can be, through feedback, coaching, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization. This means helping to set team goals, and using metrics to efficiently measure and guide team performance in pursuit of those goals. You will have a strong operations mindset, be able to move quickly, and be passionate about delivering an incredible user experience.
- Manage a team of specialists that handles dispute intake and dispute resolution processes; pre-presentments, pre-arbitration, and arbitration cases
- Monitor team performance and ensure that team consistently meets or exceeds agreed-upon SLAs
- Drive operational efficiencies, ensuring that we can efficiently and effectively support our quickly growing card Issuing business
- Collaborate closely with global stakeholders to continually improve our systems, tools, and processes
- Build a great culture and ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career
- Set clear goals and direction, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance to drive success
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment
- Be data-driven in your analysis of performance, and in your decision making
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Overall 10+ years of work experience and At least 5 years of firsthand experience with the dispute management process at a major financial institution or fintech
- At least 5 years of experience managing teams
- A thorough understanding of the card brand dispute management rules, response codes, and recommended response data and a thorough understanding of fraudulent disputes investigations
- Experience managing cardholder disputes/chargebacks through re-presentment, arbitration, and other stages of the dispute resolution lifecycle
- Experience with Regulation E and Regulation Z error resolution processes , including provisional credits, reasonable investigations, and SLAs
- Experience with card networks’ dispute resolution processes and tooling, a such as Visa’s VROL and MasterCard’s MCOM
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams to deliver high impact initiatives and to influence priorities
- Experience in delivering weekly and monthly business metrics and reporting
- Background of identifying and remediating quality gaps in team performance and passion for process improvement
- Good data analytical and problem solving skills such as familiarity with SQL
- Experience in building and scaling new teams from zero
- Strong operational background including new process launch, service delivery in a high growth technology company