Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Communications team builds Stripe’s brand and influence across the world. Corporate communications is focused on proactively telling Stripe’s corporate story to enhance its reputation while also protecting its reputation by preparing the company for issues and managing them when they arise. We’re focused on partnering with policy, legal, security, finance, people, internal comms and other areas in order to proactively and reactively communicate with their key stakeholders on various corporate issues.
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to impact the team by helping to shape Stripe’s reputation with the media, investors, policymakers, users and employees. You will execute on proactive and reactive corporate communications strategies that advance Stripe’s corporate and business narrative. This is a highly cross functional position that will work closely with global teams to ensure consistency across geographies on corporate developments and initiatives. This individual will also work with internal spokespeople to develop their messaging via media training, interview opportunities and speaking engagements. This role is based in the US, working on a distributed team with the ability to work remotely.
- Drive an integrated strategy for business, financial, reputational, company, and executive communications
- Support issues management activities, helping minimize any impact on Stripe’s reputation
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters particularly in tech, business, and Washington D.C. media
- Educate key reporters on Stripe’s portfolio, market opportunity and competitive differentiation
- Develop communications campaigns that help protect and enhance Stripe’s corporate reputation
- Serve as spokesperson, representing company with media and other stakeholders
- Work closely with and provide counsel to key cross-functional stakeholders, particularly at the executive level and within our Finance, Legal, Corporate Development, Policy, and People teams
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 8+ years of experience building and executing high-profile corporate, financial and executive communications campaigns
- Strong people and project management skills with meticulous attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects with a sense of urgency and focus
- Highly strategic with a track record of helping companies navigate corporate issues
- Experience dealing with key business and technology reporters
- Tremendous writing skills–including the ability to simplify complex topics
- Experience collaborating with policy, legal, finance and other senior executives and helping manage an intricate web of conflicting opinions and objectives
- 2+ years of experience working in-house at a high-growth technology or fintech company
- Strong relationships with technology reporters
- Track record of managing the communications around global policy or regulatory issues
- Keen understanding and experience engaging with the media in Washington D.C.