- Full Time
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies – from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups – use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Cost team is responsible for building and maintaining Stripe's platform for predicting and understanding payment costs, and the initiatives built around this platform. These initiatives include world-class payments billing including 'Cost+' pricing which enables new businesses to be built on top of Stripe, identifying cost optimizations and improvement opportunities for Stripe’s users, and enabling partner teams to analyze and drive down costs for users and for Stripe.
The Cost Optimization Team helps our users and Stripe understand their payment costs, and optimize these costs by building solutions that intelligently improve payment cost performance.
What you’ll do
Engineers on the team have the opportunity to expand the reach of Stripe’s global payments network, design and implement novel payment cost improvement solutions, and deliver best-in-class reliability and performance. This team has a direct impact on merchants and Stripe’s business.
- Scope, design and implement highly performant hybrid transaction processing solutions for large scale financial data
- Apply a detail-oriented mindset to dissect information, analyze data, and detect patterns that lead to cost savings
- Design, build, and maintain platform APIs, services, dashboards, and user interfaces to efficiently add, monitor and maintain cost-efficient payments
- Help debug and solve critical production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Mentor engineers earlier in their technical careers to help them grow
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across the company to build new features at large-scale, while improving internal engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- A strong technical background, including 2+ years of software engineering or a similar experience
- Familiarity with the full life cycle of software development, from design and implementation to testing and deployment
- Strong coding skills in Java or related languages for building high performance services
- Strong analytical capability especially in modeling complex business flows and turning the business requirements into programmatic artifacts such as data models, algorithms, and API designs
- Prior knowledge in financial technology space, particularly in payment processing
- Experience in Machine Learning or data analytics