Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies – from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups – use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
What you’ll do
As an Account Executive at Stripe, you will drive Stripe’s future growth engine by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Stripe users.
- Identify high-potential prospective users and develop outbound strategies
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for mid-market and key strategic startups
- Be responsible for developing the strategy for your vertical
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams to help drive product strategy
Who you are
You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business-level and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including CTO, COO, and CFO. You have experience working with large mid-market companies, as well as enterprise organizations. You have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and can lead a complex, multi-party sale in a highly consultative manner. You are used to building value in competitive situations and enjoy working on products that require deep product understanding, combined with technical knowledge. You are naturally analytical and enjoy digging into business models and helping customers quantify their investment decision. You get excited about prospecting, and are capable of independently leading a sales cycle from start to finish. Finally, you enjoy building – you like to actively participate in the development of our sales process, the articulation of our value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets.
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 6+ years of sales experience, preferably at a technology company, with a track record of top performance
- Ability to understand the Stripe API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Ability to understand complex enterprise requirements and craft custom solutions
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to grasp highly technical topics
- Ability to speak and write Spanish and Portuguese fluently as this role primarily deals with our LATAM users
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company
- Prior experience in the payments industry
- Fluency in English