Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripes pride themselves on being warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
This role is based in Dublin and sits within our Existing Business team focusing on growing existing accounts in the Startup segment across the French region. The Existing Business team is a highly consultative sales team that is responsible for the growth and retention of Stripe’s largest and fastest growing Startup and SMB customers. We’re a highly cross-functional organisation and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our teams transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
What you'll do
- Identify new opportunities for our clients to get the most out of Stripe by quickly understanding our clients’ needs, execute scaled sales strategies to close upsell and renewals with existing Stripe customers, and drive end-to-end campaigns to increase adoption of Stripe’s offering
- Own contract renewals and lead commercial negotiations to increase and retain existing customer revenue and Stripe market share
- Develop and implement full sales cycle strategies for driving product adoption, net new product sales, and client retention at scale among existing Stripe customers
- Solve complex client needs and work across product, sales, risk, and operations teams to improve our product
- Work with existing Stripe customers to develop and execute detailed sales strategies to expand Stripe’s revenue
- Own the full sales cycle, from business case development, to deal structuring and negotiating, to close
- Drive deal strategy and commercial negotiations for complex renewals
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders within your book of business
- Be responsible for account mapping and coordinating effective meetings with the appropriate external stakeholders expanding the customer relationship
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process and help shape the Stripe sales culture
Who you are
We’re looking for a well-rounded strategic seller who can build strong relationships with Stripe’s clients and manage high velocity deal cycles.
- 3+ years of experience in a client-facing/sales role
- Fluency in French and English
- Ability to understand complex technical ecosystems and build great relationships with technical customers
- Ability to drive and close upsell opportunities for additional Stripe products in long-term, consultative engagements
- Analytical ability to manage complex pricing and cost considerations
- Experience managing projects with input from cross-functional teams
- A knack for working well with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Ability and motivation to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in a sales and/or customer-facing role at a high growth technology company
- Experience with Excel and SQL, or a willingness to learn