Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a highly motivated and hardworking teammate to take initiative and ownership of key projects related to building and managing a best-in-class and scalable global Ethics & Compliance (E&C) program. You will be joining Splunk’s growing Compliance, Employment & Risk team and will be integral to helping grow and scale the Legal department, and in turn, will have an amazing opportunity to develop professionally. This position can be remote and will report to Sr. Director, Ethics & Compliance Counsel.
This position will support our E&C function, with a primary focus on implementation and management of a best-in-class global E&C program, including development and delivery of the following: 1) written policies, procedures, and guidelines; 2) global ethics and compliance training; 3) strategy and plan for global compliance assessment and monitoring; 4) processes to track and report compliance; and 5) processes to ensure continuous improvement of Splunk’s Global Ethics & Compliance program. This person will also advise on global E&C matters worldwide and provide subject-matter expertise and day-to-day proactive global legal advice and counsel on E&C matters, including, e.g. Anticorruption, Conflicts of Interest, Information Governance, and Anti-Modern Slavery. This position requires building relationships, driving strategy across multiple functions, and anticipating evolving risk in an international market.
We are seeking a person who is highly collaborative and entrepreneurial to meet our goal of embedding E&C internal controls into the everyday activities of global business. This position requires a high degree of accountability, professional motivation, and drive; and the ability to develop relationships of trust and confidence both within and outside Splunk.
The ideal teammate will be flexible, creative, and self-motivated, with the initiative to contemplate multiple solutions to issues and to proactively and reliably drive complex projects. We are looking for a person with demonstrated business sense and legal judgment, and the ability to be both strategic and detail-oriented. They will have a strong work ethic and the ability to maintain a sense of humor.
- Provide subject-matter expertise and day-to-day proactive global legal advice and counsel on E&C issues, including Anticorruption, Conflicts of Interest, Information Governance, and Anti-Modern Slavery.
- In collaboration with business leaders, develop and implement written policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Create and present global ethics and compliance training, in collaboration with our Legal Ops teams, business leaders, and other subject matter experts.
- Develop and implement effective monitoring of compliance, in partnership with Internal Audit and Business Leaders.
- Work with the Enterprise Risk Management team to annually assess and report on Enterprise risk related to Legal Compliance Areas.
- Assist in the development of innovative ways to measure ethics and compliance program activity providing deeper insights on effectiveness and risk, including relevant metrics to measure compliance program effectiveness and report out on progress;
- Assist in developing a strategy for and leading cross-function risk mitigation projects.
- Implement E&C Program communications strategy, including content development for quarterly meetings of 3 E&C Business Leaders Councils (Global, EMEA, and APAC) and Executive Sponsors.
- Oversee content development of annual, global Code of Business Conduct and Ethics training and various other global E&C training.
- Develop and build strong cross-functional relationships in order to assess and anticipate emerging risk areas across the Company.
- Work collaboratively and responsively with a broad range of colleagues in the U.S. and globally to facilitate a coordinated team approach.
- Pitch in on whatever legal work needs doing, whenever it needs to be done.
The candidate must have: (Required Qualifications)
- J. D. from an ABA-accredited law school and member in good standing in any state bar.
- Minimum 10 years of experience focused on legal compliance
- Significant experience with a programmatic approach to legal compliance, including the creation and implementation of policies, procedures, and training to prevent, detect and remediate violations of law.
- Experience with legal compliance related to Anticorruption, Conflicts of Interest, Information Governance, and Anti-Modern Slavery.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong experience developing global compliance training programs;
- Experience in developing communications to a multicultural employee base in support of the E&C program;
- Ability to work effectively in a global environment and sensitivity to and an understanding of cultural differences around the globe;
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and projects outside of core areas of expertise;
- Strong work ethic and ability to juggle numerous matters at once and produce high-quality work under tight deadlines;
- Possess the drive and ability to balance working autonomously and collaboratively in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interface and partner successfully with stakeholders at all levels and varying functions of the Company.
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally).
- Experience in a fast-paced multinational b2b or enterprise software company with a channel sales model preferred.
- Experience with laws related to anticorruption; conflicts of interest; information governance and modern anti-slavery.
- Combination of both in-house and law firm practice experience.
- Experience creating and conducting formal presentations and training internationally.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.