Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success!
As a solution engineer in the Partner Solutions Team of Field Solutions and Strategy you will be responsible for integrating partner technologies with Splunk’s portfolio of solutions which support sales plays and marketing campaigns. You will collaborate with multiple teams in Splunk and the partner ecosystem. You must be able to engage at a technical level to assist with architecture and development initiatives. At times you may be the core developer for a Splunk integration and at times you may be responsible for validation of a solution or product architecture. Long term relationship management with our partners will make you effective in helping them develop viable solutions from which our mutual customers may benefit.
A key component to this role is articulating and demonstrating Splunk’s mission statement: To make machine data valuable, accessible, and usable by everyone. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical consulting, software development, systems administration, or technical sales. A strong knowledge of security, application management, and IT Operations is a necessity. You should be comfortable discussing issues of scale and fostering innovation in a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. You must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing.
You should be able to present Splunk’s value proposition and demonstrate Splunk products and services to partners and customers at conferences, trade shows, etc. You must be willing to visit partners, prospects, and customers, and engage with technical work when required.
- Help define partner integration strategies to enhance Splunk’s market position
- Own and drive technical aspects for partner related projects and collateral
- Work with product management, engineering, marketing, field sales, and corporate product development to identify prospective partners to augment Splunk’s offerings
- Develop and support Splunk integrations such as Apps or Add-ons
- Evaluate prospective partners for technical and business fit with Splunk’s strategy
- Evangelize and demonstrate Splunk solutions to partners
- Help partners create prototypes of technical solutions, support them in their development, and review the quality of their solutions
- Help partners, customers, and Splunk field sales with understanding and implementation of partner solutions
- Promote and describe Splunk’s ecosystem by posting blogs; speaking at conferences; and meeting with industry experts, partners, and Splunk customers and prospects
- 2+ years of years relevant work experience
- Usable knowledge of security, networking, server, database, and enterprise applications
- Expertise with an enterprise data streaming capability including architecture, deployment, sources/sinks, functions and building pipelines
- Possess deep knowledge and expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform. Certifications are a plus
- Desire to learn, grow and able to collaborate with partners and fellow Splunkers
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- BS in Computer Science or similar degree
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500– 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you’ll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers’ success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.