Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
As a Technical Project Manager on the Cloud Migration team in Global Services, you will lead the execution of multiple projects and manage the full lifecycle of each engagement to closure. The Global Services Cloud Migration Team is a dynamic organization which plays a key role in the success of our customers, our employees and our company! Our Technical Project Managers lead customers, partners and Splunk teams through the implementation of complex cloud migrations using a combination of management and technical skills. They are highly organized, strong communicators and have a real passion for driving successful customer outcomes. If you are excited about the ability to orchestrate and lead all aspects of post sales implementation/integration services, negotiate timelines, handle customer expectations, and foster customer adoption, then this role is for you!
- Lead complex cloud migration projects from kickoff to closure
- Create and maintain technical project plans outlining tasks, delivery dates and allocation of resources aligned to statements of work (SOW’s)
- Manage project resources ensuring all projects meet customer obligations and budget expectations
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to all customer, partner and Splunk stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Own and manage technical project escalations through to resolution, and ensure expectations are clearly set with customer and Splunk teams
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project methodology aligned to cloud migrations and the current runbooks for delivery
- Identify and promote opportunities for Splunk products and services to meet additional customer requirements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Splunk products, industry best practices, and project management skills through continuous learning
- Responsible for interlocking with the Cloud Migration PMO, maintaining project reporting, ensuring alignment to time/cost/scope of all projects post-sale, driving iterative process improvements, and overseeing the internal/partner blend resourcing model.
- Collaborate with individuals across the company from Product Management, Product Marketing, Professional Services, Sales, Sales Engineering, Technical Enablement, Education, Customer Success Management, and Support.
- Good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- Embrace continuous learning, maintain up-to-date knowledge of Splunk products, functional knowledge, and industry best practices
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- 5+ years of project management or related experience integrating large enterprise applications; recognition of success factors with cloud based deployments
- 2+ years of related Professional Services leadership experience or a related function with direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in post-sales and customer success functions in Fortune 1000, Bonus points will be given for MBA or Masters’ Degrees
- Technical leadership experience with enterprise software applications
- Critical: Experience in migrating On-prem customers to the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience leading delivery of complex customer projects with cross-functional teams using traditional and agile project delivery methodologies
- Self motivated and always looking for ways to evolve your abilities/delivery
- Critical thinker, detailed, organized, polished, self confidence and a strong execution approach
- Very structured and process driven but also having the ability to be flexible to the benefit of the overall engagement
- Working knowledge of Splunk or related big data technologies with the proficiency and the drive to learn new technologies
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment while working independently and remotely
- Demonstrate the confidence and interpersonal skills needed to conduct effective executive presentations
- Experience developing product use-cases with customers; exceptional verbal, written, social, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Willing to work as part of a diverse, matrixed team, providing and taking guidance to/from stakeholders to achieve organizational outcomes
- Organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set, communicate, and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how it relates to the customer’s business
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from application developers to executive level partners
- Self-motivated and self-educating, always interested in keeping up with technology and improving oneself
- Experience working for a software vendor delivering services to end user customers is required
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing environment while working remotely from other members of your team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Business or meaningful technical field experience is preferred
- Willing to travel up to 50% globally
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.