We’re looking for a versatile technical writer to join the Splunk docs team to create high-quality documentation for our growing portfolio of Splunk security products, including Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk Phantom. Join a group that’s helping thousands of clients monitor for vulnerabilities, detect anomalies, reduce risk, and protect their assets using Splunk software.
Bring your talent and experience to the Splunk doc team! Join a supportive and collaborative team of writers and editors dedicated to building high-quality content for customers who use Splunk software. We wrote The Product is Docs, we created the Splunk Style Guide, and we meet regularly as a group to improve our skills and share our knowledge with each other. We engage with our peers throughout the profession to challenge assumptions and provoke discussions about the best ways to develop information, communicate with customers, and address challenges in the industry.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment? As a writer in security products, you’ll use your ability to grasp technical concepts to work side-by-side with developers, product managers, and user experience designers to create and maintain online software documentation and in-product user assistance. You’ll have a seat at the table to provide input on how to make products easier to use, and you’ll use your passion for customer success to make sure users get the right type of content to make their jobs easier!
To succeed in this role, you are a confident writer who is eager to learn about enterprise security at Splunk. You will document new technology both broadly and deeply to ensure the success of your product development team and its customers. In the hiring process, be prepared to tell stories that demonstrate how you learn about new technologies, apply that learning on the job, and make an impact outside and inside your company.
- Write user documentation for Splunk security products, including software on-premises, in the cloud, and hybrid solutions
- Work closely with development teams and product managers to understand your products and the customers who use them
- Be ready to discuss technical details and demonstrate your technical knowledge every day
- Collaborate with other writers and coordinate shared content across the Splunk Security portfolio
- Propose structural and organizational improvements to the documentation set
- 8+ years of experience researching and writing excellent documentation
- Experience working with complex enterprise software. Familiarity with the Agile development process is helpful.
- Understanding of security products in general is a plus, including familiarity with concepts like notable events and incident analysis, identity correlation, and threat detection
- General knowledge of business intelligence tools and data analytics
- Ability to work with multiple groups and track priorities in an ever-evolving environment
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant professional experience
What We Offer You:
- A set of extraordinary peers who are dedicated to the craft of creating high-quality, customer-pleasing content
- A multi-functional team that values and relies on accurate, robust documentation
- Opportunities to influence our style and standards, and participate in lively discussions about how to best present our content to users
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas and exploring new technologies.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing writers through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).