Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Join us as we pursue our radical new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and helping your customers and peers succeed? Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? If this sounds like you then we have a home for you at Splunk!
As a Solutions Engineer for Splunk’s Observability Business Unit, you will become part of an extraordinary pre-sales team that provides technical and thought leadership of Splunk’s focused solutions to the sales organization and to our prospects and customers. You will interact with customers while acting as a domain expert across Splunk’s solutions including the SignalFx, VictorOps, Omnition and core Splunk technology products. You will consistently be delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize Splunk’s outstanding value proposition. As a SE you will guide prospects through trials and POCS demonstrating our ability to meet and exceed customer requirements and building a positive relationship that will go beyond the initial transaction and provide value to our customers for years to come. Finally, you will have direct contact our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ happiness.
- Work directly with the top minds in the Observability space, and partner with development and product management team members to influence how customers handle, monitor and analyze their infrastructure, trace and log data
- Understand and help to guide all phases of the sales cycle, including leading proof of concepts and other customer validation activities
- Be comfortable working with customers to help them define their future architectural roadmap as a trusted advisor
- Lead all aspects of the use, optimization and integration of our Observability solutions into the customers’ business architecture
- Be successful working with all levels of an organization from the C-suite down to individual developers and SRE’s
- IMPORTANT We can guide you on the technology, help you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an unbridled curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an exciting team and a positive, fun-loving demeanor
- 7+ years’ in Solutions Engineering or other roles that are customer facing
- 3+ years’ in engineering/software development roles
- Hands-on experience working with current programming languages including: Java, Python, PHP, .NET, Ruby,Node.js, Go, etc.
- Experience selling and working with pure SaaS solutions in multi-tenant architectures
- Experience with working with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Lambda (preferred)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure (certification is preferred)
- Current application architecture (micro-services) understanding
- Experience with various monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Datadog, New Relic, Grafana, etc. (preferred)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment
- Encouraged travel is approximately 25%, focused primarily in region
- Experience with leading and running POCs required
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring Tools (preferred)
- You live in Northern California, Southern California, Denver, Salt Lake City, Portland or Seattle
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
We value diversity, equity and inclusion at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $112,500. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).