Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
We’re looking for an experienced collaborator and storyteller ready to lead Employee Communications for the GTM Partner organization at Splunk, one of the fastest growing, multi-billion dollar software providers in the world. Remote location is acceptable. The role is reporting to the head of the Global Sales Employee Communications team and will work closely with the GTM Partner Leader.
This role is global in scope and ideal for a communicator that thrives in a high-growth, fast paced and highly collaborative environment; is committed to delivering outstanding and creative communications; and ready on day one to partner with a high-performing team of hardworking, committed and fun Splunkers. Splunk’s Senior Manager of Communications is a hands-on, global role.
- Partner closely with Splunk’s GTM Partner leadership to develop and deliver cutting-edge, scalable employee-facing communications that improve strategic clarity and drive conversation, connectedness and innovation across Splunk’s GTM Partner employee community.
- Drive internal communications strategy for GTM Partner organization totaling ~c300 employees across the globe.
- Build a strategic agenda and produce functional content for all hands meetings (known as ‘All Up’), Leader Huddles, “Ask Me Anything” sessions, and conference scripts for Executive Leadership.
- Develop and roll out GTM Partner communications strategy and integration plans to support the Global Partner Organization transformation journey and improve stakeholder engagement outside of the organization by partnering with a cross-functional team.
- Actively partner with the global employee communications team to ensure alignment of internal comms, including building, and executing against an editorial calendar.
- Assist with building change management communications strategies around change initiatives, organization modernization and announcements, product realignments.
- Evaluate existing, evolve, and build new (when appropriate) communication channels to ensure an efficient mix of top-down, sideways, and bottoms-up communication is taking place.
- Balance planned communications with unplanned and urgent business needs.
- Establish relationships with the Executive Communications team as well as GTM Partner senior leadership and business partners.
- 10+ years of experience leading communication programs and teams.
- 5+ years eExperience in high-growth tech environments and understanding of how to scale phenomenal company cultures and lead organizational change efforts.
- Sharp critical thinking, outstanding writing and editing, impeccable planning and polished relationship-building skills to influence Partner organization employees’ knowledge, sentiments and behaviors.
- Storyteller! Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must be a role model for internal partners and staff.
- Proven experience leading communications for a function at a mid to large tech company.
- Demonstrated success with technical sales and marketing.
- Must have experience identifying communication gaps, and quickly adapting comms to address.
- Ability to write, polish and execute communication products independently.
- Ability to interact effectively and influence all levels of leadership.
- Demonstrated success with running and scaling global communications, events, programs and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields. Graduate degree and technology experience welcome.
- Ready to be part of the team that will tell this decade’s most exciting and compelling technology stories.
- Fun and positive people preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $110,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).