Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and helping your customers and peers succeed? Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk!
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, inherently curious, results oriented individual to join our dynamic pre-sales team. You will be the primary technical advisor for your customers, and their technical advocate within Splunk.
- Partner with the regional sales team to develop strategic and technical account and territory plans.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk’s products and solutions to customers either on-site or remotely, with a focus on value-based differentiators.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- 3+ years related experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral, and an ability to communicate complex ideas to all levels of the business.
- Strong technical fundamentals in a relevant part of IT or Security markets (examples include networking, systems administration, development, application management, operations, etc.)
- Familiarity with programming or scripting a plus (e.g. C/C++, Shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of “Big Data” technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra) a plus.
- Should be available to travel to visit prospects and customers in the region
- Desire to learn, grow and be a part of our expanding and dynamic Team
- You live in Washington D.C metro area, Baltimore metro area or Richmond, VA.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.