Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you highly analytical, data driven and detailed oriented? If you answered yes to this question, we want you! Splunk is seeking a highly strategic, analytical, process and detail-oriented Sales Compensation Leader. In this role you will serve as a member of Splunk’s Global Sales Operations team, with a day to day focus on Sales Compensation Operations, supporting Management By Objectives (MBO) platform, process standardization, metrics and analysis, and communications. Attention to detail paired with mindfulness of the big picture is essential for success in this role.
You will cross-functionally work with several organizations at Splunk (including Sales leadership, Finance, HR, and IT), with the primary objective of enabling sales leadership to drive and evaluate behaviors and objectives via an incentive platform. You will assist in the sales compensation process from start to finish – interpreting Fiscal Year corporate initiatives into individual objectives and goals, supervising reporting and oversight of performance, and ultimately reviewing KPI results at year-end. In addition, you will work directly with Sales leaders and members of Splunk’s Sales Ops team and will act as the Subject Matter Expert for all processes, data, and reporting related to MBO Sales Compensation.
As an ideal candidate, you will be highly data driven, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects with minimal supervision. You are a team player with a hands-on approach to resolving issues and meeting goals who also embraces making strategic decisions and advising high level management within the organization. You must have the ability to execute tactical objectives, while understanding how to align with overall strategy and corporate goals.
Responsibilities: You will lead development and enforcement of policies and procedures to ensure standard methodologies and compliance to legal requirements around MBO sales compensation and other sales operations related areas. In addition, you will:
- Design a MBO compensation process to incentivize behavior alignment with corporate strategy
- Maintain and evolve a core set of critical metrics for sales performance to provide visibility and actionable insights for sales management.
- Contribute analysis/insights to help evolve our sales compensation policies, and/or resourcing and investment decisions.
- Provide periodic reports and detailed analysis to identify drivers behind market trends and areas for improvement.
- Participate in the development and execution of compensation processes and initiatives.
- Join in periodic review of compensation plans and provide recommendations regarding redesign to meet business objectives and reinforce operational strategy.
- Work closely with finance to review compensation calculations to ensure accurate and timely payments
- Lead development of compensation communication materials and trainings.
- Collaborate with the Information Technology team to define business requirements and solutions for MBO platform tools and deliverables that support the sales team.
- Execute assigned projects as needed and recommend and deliver process improvements.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related degree preferred, MBA a plus with 8+ years of compensation experience in a sales operation’s role
- 6+ years’ experience in a quantitative sales operations, compensation, or financial role in an enterprise software company
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and influence across a wide spectrum of functions and knows when and how to assert or influence business partners
- Ability to deal with complex issues, understand drivers, and demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to grow the business. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics
- Ability to run a project independently once framework and structure has been provided
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop succinct, clear, information in both verbal and written form to provide the appropriate context behind difficult decisions for the intended audience
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, dynamic environment and manage a high workload
- You possess business insight, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Experience working with SPM tools: Xactly, Anaplan, Callidus or other
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, including sales alignment, territory planning, reporting and analytic
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.