Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a strong Revenue Manager to join our high-impacting Global Revenue Assurance team as we strive to reach our goal of hitting $5 billion and beyond. In this role you will be the accounting focal point on revenue recognition and contract structuring for your assigned sales region. You will also work cross-functionally and partner with our Finance, Sales/Field Ops, Legal, Best Practices, and Order Management teams. Ideally you are an excellent teammate who is hands on, highly detail oriented and process driven, but also a critical and creative thinker that can jump into the details while having an understanding of the big picture.
- Serve as the region’s subject matter expert on ASC 606 revenue accounting, coordinating with Splunk Corporate Finance and Accounting
- Developing and providing technical revenue recognition training to cross functional teams including Sales, Legal, Best Practices, etc. as required
- Partner with Sales, Sales Operations, and Legal during the contract and sales order cycle
- Review, document, and communicate any revenue impacts for contracts (pre and post execution), in accordance with Splunk’s revenue recognition guidelines, ASC 606, & US GAAP
- Collaborate with Global Revenue Assurance colleagues to achieve maximum consistency in best practice, policy application and judgmental decisions
- Assist with the Company’s monthly close and reporting process including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation of revenue accounts, working in sync with the Revenue Accounting Operations team
- Own your region’s revenue forecasting on large complex deals, assisting FP&A
- Perform ad-hoc/special projects and analysis as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of meaningful revenue recognition experience
- Deep understanding of ASC 606 principles, and US GAAP
- You are a great teammate, with the ability to work independently and willingness to tackle challenges in a rapidly-growing and dynamic environment
- You have strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, including ability to interact effectively with management, peers, and cross-functional teams
- CPA and Big Four experience is a plus
- Experience with financial systems a plus; SFDC, SAP, RevPro
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.