Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: Regional Sales Manager, System Integrators
Location: Remote, US
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
We seek a motivated salesperson to own revenue generation for Sell-To business on our Systems Integrators (SI) team. The role requires a great teammate passionate about helping customers and prospective customers to reinvent their IT strategy by bringing data to everything using the Splunk Observability platform.
As an Account Manager on our SI team, you will have the exciting opportunity to drive growth and to shape the future of emerging technology in some of our most critical accounts. Your broad responsibilities will include leading the cross functional team that helps these growing customers as they serve the DoD and Intelligence agencies of the US Government. You will drive business and technical relationships in your accounts and launch customer projects at a rapid rate by helping to define, identify, and pursue key Observability opportunities with their security, application, and operations teams. This includes figuring out the most effective go-to-market strategies and collaborating with our partner sales, legal, marketing, product, contracts and executive leadership teams along the way.
You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the SIs and the Aerospace and Defense market’s mission. You possess a business background that enables you to drive engagement at an executive level. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges of your customers, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
- Build regional strategic marketing plans aligned with sales priorities and revenue targets.
- Drive revenue and market share within Splunk’s SI business.
- Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities.
- Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to nurture while communicating the value proposition for their business and use cases.
- Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to your clients.
- Develop and progress a sales pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Collaborate with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our software and making sure they have the technical resources required to drive mission success.
- Understand the technical requirements of your customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- In coordination and collaboration with others on the account teams, prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding quarterly and yearly strategies to align with revenue growth expectations.
- Lead sophisticated contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Increase the velocity of customer adoption and happiness
- Minimum of 5 years of enterprise sales experience
- Proven track record generating new logo deals and delivering multi-stakeholder sales
- Experience selling SaaS and working with annually renewable contracts
- Minimum of two years of experience selling to a US Federal Systems Integrator or their government agency customers
- Solid technical background in software applications, big data analytics tools, and cloud infrastructure.
- Track record of exceeding quota
- Direct experience in delivering sell-to revenue for a Federal Systems Integrator
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Extensive customer network
- Security clearance a plus
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Gartner’s 2020 Magic Quadrant Leader for SIEM
- Named Top 5 on the 2020 Fortune Future 50 list
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” for Women, Parents, and in Technology
- Chief Technical Adviser for Public Sector, Juliana Vida, named as one of Washington Exec’s Top 25 Cyber Execs
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.