Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Public Sector team, that forms the core of the Public Sector business. Account coverage includes all Central Government departments, Defence and Intel agencies, Aerospace and Defence companies plus Critical Infrastructure organisations between $500M-5bn revenue.
- Lead and coach a team of 5 to 7 Account managers, diverse in experience and abilities and all hired and ramped within Splunk.
- Consistently deliver aggressive license revenue and growth targets with commitment to the number and to deadlines. Carefully manage a balanced scorecard of support and services revenues to ensure customer success.
- Negotiate (and maintain) favourable pricing and business terms with large government enterprises by selling value and ROI. Including any need for Cross Government frameworks or pricing MOUs.
- Work with channel and technology partners for maximum effectiveness, scale and delivery. You will have a dotted line report in this area.
- Leverage and manage technical services and partner resources to maximum effect. You will have a dotted line report in this area.
- Coach the team and be hands-on where appropriate; build team ethos; direct public sector strategy, account planning, and sales processes.
- Conduct regular sales and forecast calls with the team, and with superiors. Forecast accuracy is a must and primary performance metric.
- Build a pipeline of talent and hire the right people to match culture, methodologies and company growth.
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively.
- Understand how to leverage colleagues to expand deal size and business value to the customer. You will have a dotted line report in this area.
- Act as a good corporate citizen – use communication skills to ensure two-way flow of relevant and timely information; lead and inspire the team.
- Provide timely and insightful input to other corporate activities, particularly product management, marketing and the Public Sector vertical.
- Extensive experience in building and running front line public account teams; ability and desire to grow and scale upward with the company.
- Extensive experience in direct and channel selling to public sector bodies, large and small.
- Have an existing wide network of contacts in the public sector and demonstrate ability to grow a network.
- Comfortable working with C-level and senior executives in public sector bodies.
- Track record of closing six, seven and eight figure TCV software licensing deals.
- Understanding, experience and expertise in pipeline generation and management in a high growth environment.
- Strong executive presence, bearing and polish.
- Ability to maintain an accurate sales forecast, deliver on commitments and drive new business.
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills; all-round exceptional communicator.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Able to work independently and remotely, yet maintain management and leadership of your team, and close contact with superiors.
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management.
- Ability to effectively use CRM systems (Sales Force).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.