We are looking for a Sales leader who has experience in growing enterprise software sales and developing top sales performers within the Public Sector Vertical, specifically within the Commercial/SLED space. You will be responsible for a sales teams consisting of over 6 Regional Sales Managers. You will partner with multiple departments within Splunk.
Location: Greater Washington, DC area
Role: Regional Sales Director – Mid Markets SLED
As a Regional Sales Director – Mid Markets SLED, you’ll work closely with our Director of Public Sector Sales to set priorities and make key strategic decisions. You’ll craft and influence multiple parts of our sales process to roll out a winning strategy that has a material impact on growing the Public Sector business. If you’ve felt cornered or restricted on your current team, you may be ready for more: this is a wide-open role where you have lots of growth potential & many openings to prove what you’re capable of.
- Manage a team of RSM’s and work closely with other sales management to drive alignment across the organization
- Consistently deliver on aggressive license revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines
- Player/coach: Hands on with the team; very involved with sales calls & territory/opportunity management
- Support public sector sales growth by implementing critical initiatives and promoting a high energy, high activity environment
- Develop quarterly and monthly plans to leverage in house resources, as well as partner resources; drive the execution of those plans
- Hire, train, and retain an extraordinary sales organization
- You are a good corporate citizen – two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- 4+ years’ management experience building and running a sales teams focused on enterprise software sales
- 6+ years’ experience selling enterprise software & solutions to public sector
- Outstanding management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, constantly evolving environment
- Forecasting commitments, forecasting accuracy, and running your teams with SFDC discipline
- Growth mentality, You are forward leaning and innovative and passionate about continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience will be considered
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Gartner’s 2020 Magic Quadrant Leader for SIEM
- Named Top 5 on the 2020 Fortune Future 50 list
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” for Women, Parents, and in Technology
- Chief Technical Adviser for Public Sector, Juliana Vida, named as one of Washington Exec’s Top 25 Cyber Execs
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you’ll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers’ success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.