Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! CLICK HERE
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking an exceptional sales leader to join our team as Regional Sales Director. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing sales organizations. This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
- You will directly lead the sales team and work closely with the extended sales team, including technical resources, inside sales, business development, and marketing
- Consistently deliver results-oriented license, support and service revenue targets – a dedication to the number and to deadlines
- Territory mapping, strategic account planning, deal inspection, and opportunity management
- You can negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large government agencies and federal system integrator program business by selling value and return on investment
- Work with inside sales and partners for pipeline generation and maximum efficiency
- Leverage internal sales engineering and professional services for customer success as well as the partner eco-system
- Player /coach, hands-on with the team; very involved with account planning, strategy, and sales calls
- You hire the right team to match our growth and ensure correct players on the team are in the right roles
- Use our sales methodology and processes optimally
- Good corporate citizen – a two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and informative input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- 5+ years’ experience building and running front line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second-line management experience a plus
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large, federal enterprises
- Very comfortable and knowledgeable of Civilian Agencies and line of business
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Outstanding management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software and cloud solution sales experience in IT systems, security, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (Sales Force) extensively
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Gartner’s 2020 Magic Quadrant Leader for SIEM
- Named Top 5 on the 2020 Fortune Future 50 list
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” for Women, Parents, and in Technology
- Chief Technical Adviser for Public Sector, Juliana Vida, named as one of Washington Exec’s Top 25 Cyber Execs
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.