Principal Product Manager – Search
Join us as we pursue our exciting vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a seasoned and deeply technical Product Manager to drive the future of query, language, and data platform services at Splunk. You will initially be responsible for Splunk’s next-generation query language and making sure it can be easily adopted across Splunk’s product portfolio, and that Splunk’s Customers benefit fully from that convergence.
You will use your understanding of the data platforms, analytics, and big data ecosystem to synthesize ideas that improve Splunk’s data platform service offering. Your cross-team collaboration skills will enable those improvements to be conceptualized and delivered to drive meaningful and impactful business outcomes.
You will work on the Data Platform area at Splunk, so a real empathy for the needs of developers is vital, and a work history that includes some time in engineering roles is likely a plus. Ideally, you have experience running customer advisory boards.
You will merge attention to technical detail with the ability to understand and align to business imperatives while working hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering.
- Own the “whole” product experience
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs to drive customer success
- Build product roadmap based on customers needs, market, and technology trends
- Define product specs, user stories, mockups, and acceptance criteria in collaboration with engineering or independently
- Interact and collaborate with Support, NOC, and field teams, to understand customer issues and drive business outcomes
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA, SRE, and release teams to plan, drive and execute product releases cycles.
- Collaborate with product marketing to support the creation of customer-driven messaging and content
- 5-7 years of experience in product management
- Experience as a Product Manager building search platform services/products focused on large scale search processing, query language, high availability, performance, and scalability
- Familiarity with cloud data services, batch/stream data processing, and metadata management
- Strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about customer problems and user experience
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven product decision-making mindset
- Collaborative team player, with strong communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into simple concepts and presentations
- Experience with building large scale search data platform, query language, and optimizations
- Deep understanding of data platform market, trends, competition, and industry
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation, and data-driven product decision-making
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure and agile software development
- Passion for solving exciting technical problems and building enterprise products with intuitive user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).