Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a special pre-sales engineer to join our team in Tokyo Japan as a Partner Sales Engineer. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing organizations. As a member of our growing team, you will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
- Responsible for actively driving and leading the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in partnership with the sales team and the Splunk Partners as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services
- You also would be expected to have experience presenting, demonstrating and handling technical sales engagements as well as being able to present and sell our product to our customer’s technical and executive audience
- Increase partner-sourced sales opportunities by answering questions about Splunk technologies and solutions, as well as clearly communicating the value of Splunk to customers and partners.
- Understand Splunk’s channel strategy and the business of the partners you work with, identify challenges, and come up with and implement solutions, primarily from a technical perspective.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Splunk partner decision makers and lead departments, as well as extensive contact and communication with those involved in selling proposals to customers.
- Develop and expand our web based content and work with marketing and sales to refine our service value proposition, literature as well as sales approach
- Demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows
- Appropriate 5+ years pre-sales/sales engineering experience to large enterprises
- Cloud or subscription business experience preferred
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Extraordinary interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Possesses leadership and a commitment to customer success and contribution to the company.
- Willingness to learn new things and enjoy overcoming difficulties
- Strong record of success of overachieving targets
- Validated knowledge of machine data logging and analytics techniques processes and tools
- Foundational knowledge of the Big Data marketplace or the Security marketplace
- Native level Japanese communication. Fluent English is preferred, but not required
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.