Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to join our dynamic pre-sales team. Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? You will lead a team of Consulting Sales Engineers (CSE) who are subject matter experts in a specific domain of IT/DevOps or Security. CSE’s work alongside sales engineers to deliver deep domain and technical product expertise to our customers ensuring their success. The CSE team you lead will support SLED customers and multiple account teams. The team will operate with tight alignment between solution sales engineers, field sales, national architects, and other organizations within Splunk.
- Lead a team of Consulting Sales Engineers (CSE) helping to ensure sales and customer success
- Engage directly with Pre-Sales and Sales Leadership to strategize on their opportunities and engage on pre-sales activities for Splunk’s solutions in Security & IT/DevOps
- Conduct pipeline recruiting efforts to find and hire top field engineering talent within your region. Mentor/coach new hires during on-boarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping of CE skills and capabilities
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills
- Work closely with field leadership to jointly develop strategic and technical account plans
- Interact with customers and prospects to understand their business challenges
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services and Education to ensure alignment between pre and post sales activities
- Support Splunk Professional Services by identifying and scoping new opportunities and following major engagements to ensure customer success
- Provide CSE’s with continual development feedback and co-developing development plans for each individual
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the vital actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development
- Work directly with our Director, Field Technical Interlock and cross functionally with customer success, support, professional services, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations
- Deliver presentations and technical briefings to customers on Splunk premium products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical Splunk evaluations and POC’s
- At least 8+ years’ experience in technically selling and supporting software products to IT organizations
- At least 2+ years related SE/SA Management experience is highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate sophisticated ideas; Very articulate
- Experience and familiarity with the Splunk portfolio preferred
- Experience with Defense, Intelligence Community or Federal System Integrators (FSI’s) preferred
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management, and/or Security/Compliance is desirable
- Experience with networking, server, application, virtualization, big data, and web technologies
- Some Unix or Linux based scripting language (Perl, Python, sh) is desirable
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance
- Able to travel up to 30% when safe to do so
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or substantial relevant on the job experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.