Your responsibilities will focus primarily on our sales and operations in the EMEA Central sales theater. We will value your experience with GDPR and data protection law and the legal and business considerations that come with selling cloud to the enterprise. You will support sales, customer success, and partner teams with a focus on drafting and negotiating sales agreements, contribute to process improvements, initiatives and playbooks to help scale for growth and improve contracting process. You will partner with legal team members and other business functions to drive business objectives.
- Lead complex commercial transactions, with a focus on enterprise cloud and technology sales in Splunk’s EMEA Central theater;
- Support Splunk’s other sales theaters as needed;
- Build strong internal and external relationships while balancing the needs in Splunk’s EMEA field theater with Splunk’s global strategy and priorities;
- Provide deep knowledge of relevant laws concerning commercial terms, including data protection/governance, cybersecurity and government contracts;
- Draft and negotiate outbound software licenses, sales channel and strategic alliance sales, system integrator and OEM contracts;
- Anticipate changes to, and advise on, relevant laws impacting Splunk’s commercial activities and its customers;
- Help improve standard templates, playbooks, and legal processes;
- Effectively advise, educate and train on and assist in the enforcement of Splunk’s corporate policies and compliance programs;
- Implement initiatives that advance Splunk’s business including Splunk’s priorities and initiatives; and
- Perform other legal responsibilities as requested.
- Law degree with excellent academic credentials;
- At least 5 years’ experience in SaaS, cloud computing, and enterprise software;
- In-house experience strongly desired and previous experience in the legal department of a US listed company preferred;
- Substantive transaction experience with complex contract and/or licensing agreements, working with two-tier sales partners and experience working in fast-paced technology companies are required;
- Experience with public tenders and contracts;
- Extensive experience in compliance, GDPR, data security, and intellectual property matters, and strong knowledges of local data protection laws required and knowledge of data protection laws of other countries, preferred;
- Experience in negotiating managed service provider agreements; and
- Excellent command of German and English (oral and written).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.