At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Are you ready to change the way businesses think and do you want to make your impact? We seek talent who will establish and execute on a list of major existing and new programs across the State and Local and Higher Education. This is a highly transparent, collaborative position based in our McLean, VA office.
Role: Inside Sales Manager
Location: McLean, VA
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
We are seeking an exceptional sales leader to join our SLED team as Inside Sales Manager. This position reports to the Director of Public Sector Digital Sales. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing inside sales teams. This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Directly manage the inside sales team and work closely with outside sales management and account managers
- Consistently deliver on aggressive license revenue targets – commitment to the number and to deadlines
- Player/coach: Hands on with the team; very involved with sales calls, territory/opportunity management, and strategy
- Responsible for accurately forecasting on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis. This will require, but not be limited to holding weekly forecast reviews and deal strategy sessions
- Support Director of Public Sector Digital Sales in implementing strategic initiatives and promoting a high energy, high activity environment
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness and territory expansion
- Leverage sales engineering in house as well as partner services resources
- Hire, train, and retain the right team to match our growth
- Good corporate citizen – two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- Write performance reviews for direct reports and present to the ISR’s
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 2+ years’ experience building and running inside sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- 5+ years B2B software sales or leadership experience
- Sales forecasting experience
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
- Gartner’s 2020 Magic Quadrant Leader for SIEM
- Named Top 5 on the 2020 Fortune Future 50 list
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” for Women, Parents, and in Technology
- Chief Technical Adviser for Public Sector, Juliana Vida, named as one of Washington Exec’s Top 25 Cyber Execs
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.