Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about exploring new business models and building “first-of-a-kind” strategic partnerships within the Security space? Do you love mind-blowing innovative technology, leading cross-organizational teams, and solving complex puzzles?
We are looking for a leader with outstanding business development skills to identify and build innovative and strategic technology partnerships. Your objective will be to build strategy and drive business impact with key partners in alignment with Splunk priorities and industry trends. You should be a ‘hunter’ with a track record of developing, negotiating and signing revenue-generating deals with market leading technology companies. Success depends on your ability to blend high level strategy, product knowledge, industry expertise, and pragmatic considerations. You must also have strong experience within the wider Security ecosystem landscape with a strong and large network.
- Research Security and DevSecOps ecosystems and prioritize partners in lockstep with Company, Sales, and Market Group goals
- Drive early-stage business development with leading technology and SaaS vendors
- Initiate and build new partnerships from scratch while managing the existing Security ecosystem partners that exceed 500+.
- Creatively structure, negotiate, and execute complex strategic partnership agreements
- Design, develop validate, and launch innovative security offerings that use strategic partners’ technology and market reach
- Make, meaningful recommendations and quickly build consensus across senior level stakeholders
- Work with marketing and events teams to drive Splunk’s participation in strategic partner events
- Help drive and build “sales plays” that contribute to alternative lead generation and revenue sourcing from the Security partner ecosystem
- Working across a very matrixed organization and coordinating with key, cross-functional stakeholders in the Security Buy Center Strategy team, product management, product marketing, partner marketing, event planning, legal, pricing, finance, global partner organization (i.e, ISV, SI, MSSP, OEM, Channel, among others), engineering, project management, corporate development, executive management, sales, corporate marketing, accounting, Security Specialist, and others.
- 15+ years of sales and business development experience including demonstrated success defining, negotiating, and signing complex partnership agreements
- Around 10 years of recent and strong experience working within the Security software industry & the reputation to back it up
- Strong understanding of Cloud Security SaaS ISVs, Cloud Service Providers, along with tradition on-premise Security ISVs, MSSP, SIs, and other partner types
- Must have a vast network within the Security industry, which will help navigate and drive new BD-type activities
- Success working with strategic partners to identify, define, and launch joint offerings
- Experience driving end-to-end alliance partner relationships spanning a range of business activities (exec sponsorship, engineering/product alignment, solution definition, business plan development, marketing, and sales engagement)
- Proven track record navigating competitive partnership dynamics to achieve mutual success
- Collaborative bridge builder with demonstrated ability leading cross-functional, highly matrixed teams
- Highly analytical, data driven strategic thinker capable of creative problem-solving and pragmatic execution
- Excellent management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent minimum requirement
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.