Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Innovation is in our hearts – from technology to the way we do business.
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
We are seeking an outstanding pre-sales leader to join our team as Director of Federal Civilian Agencies, Sales Engineering (Pre-sales). In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you possess a measurable track record in building and leading high performing organizations. You will play a meaningful role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
- Lead and manage a Sales Engineering organization, a growing $150M+ business
- Possess extensive knowledge of the Federal market, Federal Civilian Agencies and working knowledge of specific customers and partners
- Leverage your experience as a manager of managers and directly leading pre-sales teams and working closely with sales, customers success and professional services teams
- Interact regularly with executives, major customers and partners. Interactions involve strategic conversations to support customer positive outcomes, and matters of significance to the organization
- Establish clear goals, objectives, and priorities that communicate a vision of the future for their function and organization
- Help deliver ambitious license, support and service revenue targets
- Drive customer success and help expand deployments and use cases
- Utilize in-house talent as well as grow and enable partner resources
- Player/coach, hands-on with the team, understand and demonstrate Splunk technically to all levels of the enterprise
- Work with Sales Leadership across the territory with account planning, strategy, customer and partner meetings
- Hire talent and support the development and growth of managers and sales engineers
- Actively promote the recruitment, advancement, and success of people of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Mentor/coach new hires during on-boarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping of all positions
- Work within Splunk sales methodology and processes effectively
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- Influence key decisions across cross-functional organizations and at the internal and external executive management level
- Minimum 7 years of SE Leadership experience
- 15 years professional experience
- Software Sales Engineering experience
- Federal experience is a firm requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or meaningful relevant on the job experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership, and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you’ll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers’ success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.