Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Splunk is seeking an analytical and strategic Operations leader to lead the EMEA Strategy and Sales Operations Team. This role is critical to help craft the EMEA sales planning, productivity optimization and operational excellence. Primary responsibilities include strategic business planning, forecasting, analytics & reporting, territory design and administration, salesforce.com management, quota-setting and sales compensation.
You will not only possess a broad understanding of sales, channel & alliances and business operations within the Enterprise Software industry but will also be able to communicate effectively with sales leadership. You will be data-driven, system savvy, intellectually curious, a fast learner, detail-oriented and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects with limited direction and supervision.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Planning – Work with regional sales leadership teams as well as cross-functional leaders (HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.) to craft and implement the field coverage model, drive the annual business planning process which includes defining coverage model, setting and deploying quotas, and managing critical sales initiatives. Become a trusted advisor to the EMEA Sales leadership team.
Execution – Manage day-to-day operational tasks, including but not limited to strategic initiatives deployment/management, headcount and quota allocation, salesforce.com hierarchy and approval levels, account and territory lists. Improve processes and increase efficiencies for the sales organization as well as for the sales operations group.
Reporting & Analytics – Ensure key dashboards and reports are accurate and relevant. Leverage existing and/or new applications to improve delivery technology. Collaborate with senior management to refine important metrics and interpret results into actionable recommendations. Identify trends to improve business results including lead conversion, lead management and pipeline reporting.
Forecasting – Assist Sales Leadership and Finance to accurately forecast the EMEA business. Manage weekly forecast calls and associated requirements (taking notes, updating spreadsheets, etc.). Interact closely with management to incorporate business requirements and change management into the forecast process, and ensure alignment with the sales process and terminology across the company.
Compensation – Manage bonus structures and spiffs. Contribute to compensation plan design by understanding sales behaviors and gathering field input.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Extensive experience in a senior sales operations role or management consulting
- Prior experience with a fast-growth enterprise software company is highly preferred.
- Willing to travel as needed (~30%).
- Possesses business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Gathers and uses data strategically to create improvements and persuade others.
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches. Able to see the big-picture while also being hands-on and in the details.
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious passion. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to support the growth of the business.
- Ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from senior management.
- Sets goals and drives to fulfillment. Takes ownership for actions and for outcomes.
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and provide practical business insights from complex data sets.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to present technical content to general audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.