Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
As the Customer Journey Product Manager, you will be responsible for accelerating customer adoption of Splunk. Working with internal stakeholders and our customers, you will create both digital and low-touch engagements that help customers overcome adoption challenges and maximize the value of their Splunk purchase.
The Customer Journey team, part of the Customer Experience organization, provides a helping hand to Splunk customers in support of our renewal and net retention goals. The team leverages Splunk Lantern (an online resource for customers), Gainsight PX (in-product messaging technology), and our team of customer success advocates to build a blended customer experience to help meet these goals.
In this role, you will cultivate relationships with customers, identifying their needs and challenges that they face throughout their journey with us. With this perspective, you will create scalable experiences, leveraging our in-product messaging capability and/or customer success advocacy team, targeted at addressing those challenges. The experiences include user onboarding as well as renewal risk mitigation programs. You will define, validate, and prioritize the requirements for these programs and work with partner teams to ensure they are executed.
You’ll work closely with Splunk’s Knowledge Engineers to understand technical aspects of customer challenges and the Technical Content Manager to ensure there is content to support your engagement programs. You’ll also collaborate with other groups including customer marketing, customer telemetry, and CS automation.
A proven team player, you succeed because you understand Splunk customers better than anyone and take ownership and pride in building them a world-class and complete customer experience. If you love collaborating across business functions; making the complex simple; thinking critically; appreciate a terrible pun; and want to be in a high-impact role of a mission-critical team, then this is the position for you.
- Maintain strong understanding of Splunk customers and their challenges
- Identify, manage, and prioritize requirements for the Splunk customer experience
- Analyze data to assess experience impact on renewals and renewal risks
- Prioritize content needs based on customer feedback, business needs, and journey alignment
- Position our customer experience against the market to ensure competitive strength
- Collaborate with a broad group of stakeholders who will execute your programs
- Gather feedback from customers on the efficacy of the customer experience
- Strong customer empathy with passion and drive to assist
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management, Customer Success Management or equivalent experience
- Tested interpersonal skills working on cross-functional teams with diverse stakeholders
- Experience managing competing priorities to maximize impact
- A focus on results; driving toward meeting and exceeding goals
- Data investigation and analysis skills
- A proven ability to start with a high-level vision and take it through entire lifecycle including launch and adoption
- A level of comfort in both technical & business conversations
- A combination of long-range thinking and pragmatic delivery to yield the best short term and long-term results
- A startup mindset and are comfortable with rapidly changing environments and expectations
- Experience in a B2B software company (Enterprise SaaS and/or Data & Analytics market experience is a huge plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical Discipline Preferred)
- Familiarity with Customer Success Automation Tools (ex: Gainsight PX, Gainsight Journey Orchestrator)
- Experience in a technical customer-facing role
- Change agent with high degree of passion and positive attitude
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).