To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Splunk is looking for a high-performance Manager to join its Corporate Finance team and have an immediate impact. Within this highly visible role, your responsibility will be to support Splunk’s annual operating plan, quarterly forecasts, and monthly/quarterly close processes. This includes managing ongoing partnerships with key stakeholders within Finance to optimize efficiencies, maintain flexibility, and support Splunk’s strategic objectives. Key outputs include preparation and analysis of c-suite and senior leader reporting packages, monthly and quarterly budget vs. actual analysis, and coordinating data-gathering across the Finance organization. Furthermore, you will own and leverage our financial planning tool and play a vital role in streamlining routine reporting processes. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, handle multiple priorities, possess deep attention to detail, an unrelenting drive to get to the answer, and the ability to thrive in the ambiguity and open space that comes in a fast-growing organization. Candidates will also be required to have mastery of Excel with excellent modeling and data manipulation skills.
This position is based in San Francisco or San Jose, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, or McLean, VA. Applications in other locations will be considered.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Prepare reporting packages for monthly budget versus actual and forecast updates, driving focus and insights on business trends, opportunities, and risks
- Drive alignment and coordination within the broader Finance and Accounting teams during monthly and quarterly close, consolidation and reporting processes
- Own and manage processes, reporting within our financial planning tool (Anaplan) for the broader Finance team
- Work closely with Accounting teams to fulfill external audit requirements.
- Provide data-driven support and partnership to internal stakeholders using financial and operational modeling to answer complex questions
- Identify and drive enhancement, automation, and scale in our reporting packages and systems
- Be a go-to partner for executive level leadership on actual financial results, budgeting, and forecasting
- Create policy & procedure documents for key stakeholders
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 8 years of progressive finance experience, with a strong preference for those with prior experience in a finance team at a software/Saas business
- This role is for doers with an extreme level of ownership; those able to get into the details and get the job done while seeing the forest for the trees
- Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy-to-understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to think creatively; Builder who is ambitious. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Collaboratively focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever-changing business.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal supervision
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP accounting and key non-GAAP metrics
- Outstanding software and system skills (e.g., master proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets, and Anaplan is preferred. Experience in SAP ERP a plus)
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, or Information Management; MBA/CPA is a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.