Join us as we pursue our progressive new vision to Turn Data Into Doing™. We are passionate about our technology and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
A Consulting Solutions Engineer supports the pre-sales process for our technical field team working with Splunk’s account teams on the solution and technical aspects of selling Splunk’s security solutions to our largest commercial clients spanning all business sectors and sizes. You will be the “eyes & ears” for the field serving as the expert for the security products, supporting customers and prospects in the region.
- Establishing and proactively maintaining valuable relationships with clients and partners.
- Work closely with direct account teams to understand sales strategies and plan for support of that strategy including briefings, demos, proposals, Proof of Values (POVs), integrations and issue resolution for our security portfolio.
- Communicate with Spunk customers to understand security architecture, infrastructure, and cyber security objectives in order to map a customer’s security priorities to Splunk product capabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk’s security products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Hands-on leadership to resolution of technical/integration problems.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of security technology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and communicate clearly in emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT: We can guide you on the technology, help you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an unbridled curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an exciting team and a positive, fun-loving demeanor.
- 5+ years as a successful pre-sales engineer (SE), systems integrator, or equivalent experience within cybersecurity
- Familiarity with current cyber threats and malware, incident response (IR) practices, security information and event management (SIEM), automation tools, and endpoint technologies.
- Experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux, and Windows-based systems
- 2+ years of experience working with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Familiarity with scripting languages — particularly Python
- Highly desirable industry certifications include: SANS GIAC, CISSP, CISM, etc.
- Familiarity with data technologies such as Map-Reduce, Hadoop Ecosystem, Spark, NoSQL
- Effective time-management skills
- Available to travel to visit prospects and customers in the East Region up to 50%
- You live in the Southeast or Texas
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, substantial relevant on the job experience
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
We value diversity, equity and inclusion at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.