Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! https://vimeo.com/279499574
Role: Business Development Representative
Location: McLean, VA
Are you ready to change the way businesses think and do you want to make your impact? How would you like to be the face of the brand and help prospects become customers of Splunk? If so, then this may be a phenomenal way for you to jump start your sales career. We are seeking dynamic, early career level sales folks to join our fast-growing Sales Development team. This is a highly transparent, collaborative position based in our McLean, VA office. In this role, you will have key responsibilities such as qualification of inbound phone, web and email inquiries, as well as following-up on marketing campaign responders. You possess outstanding verbal and written interpersonal skills and you are dedicated to learning as much as you can about Splunk and building your business insight to be able to articulate the value proposition that our clients experience with Splunk. There is a defined growth path for successful Lead Generation Reps to be promoted throughout inside sales roles to field roles and other similar roles and marketing functions.
You will create a positive first impression with our prospects and customers by proving them with “world-class” experience. You will complete initial qualification of potential sales opportunities for approval and assignment to the appropriate Sales Representative. You maintain a sense of urgency and rapid response cadence in following up on all inbound inquires and marketing leads. You are a strong performer and set the bar high.
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts
- Partner with your team and other sales reps in your assigned territory on event recruitment strategies
- Actively participate in and add to team learning opportunities and your own personal development
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
- 1-2 years of experience in a professional environment (tele sales in technology and software preferred)
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree
- High ethical and moral standards
- Passionate about technology sales
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to meet and exceed achievable targets
- Can successfully work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- 1+ years of corporate tele-sales experience, software sales is a plus
- CRM or Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Articulate and excellent follow up skills
- Strong desire to move up in other sales functions at Splunk
- Gartner’s 2020 Magic Quadrant Leader for SIEM
- Named Top 5 on the 2020 Fortune Future 50 list
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” for Women, Parents, and in Technology
- Chief Technical Adviser for Public Sector, Juliana Vida, named as one of Washington Exec’s Top 25 Cyber Execs
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.