Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Due to our expansive growth, we are seeking an exceptional, growth-minded sales leader to lead our specialist sales organization as AVP, Observability Sales. This position reports to the SVP of Americas & Public Sector. The AVP will define market tactics in order to meet annual business goals. They will establish and lead an overlay team of experienced sales leaders and account executives in growing a productive and sustainable sales pipeline across the complex territory. This person will help transform and integrate all GTM functions, evolving an already world-class field operation, while achieving significant revenue growth annually. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, the successful candidate will have a technical background with expertise in the Observability market. This leader will have a measurable track record in introducing new products across complex and geographically diverse sales organizations. This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share of the revenue for Splunk. Your role will have a material impact on Splunk’s overall performance, are you up for the challenge?
Preferred Locations: San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta, NY, Boston or DC Metro
What We Offer You:
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing business and market where you will be challenged and grow.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers across all GTM and Corporate functions.
- Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire, lead, develop, and inspire the right team to match our growth potential, get involved with strategy, planning, and execution? The work you’ll do will directly impact our future and the how we are viewed in the market and by our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We believe in growing our leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal education.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
What We’re Looking For:
- Success hiring, leading, and developing high performing specialist or SME sales teams
- Success adapting and growing in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success effectively influencing key stakeholders at our customers and inside of Splunk
- Success increasing the productivity of sales teams and sales leaders
- Deep understanding of the Observability market and competitive landscape
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Observability GTM strategies
- Manage a team of second line sales leaders and partner closely with other AMER & Public Sector sales leaders
- Develop and execute sales programs that contribute to the success of the Observability business plan and revenue targets.
- Lead by example, set expectations, and follow through effectively.
- Open, inclusive and team oriented, building a results-driven culture of accountability and transparency.
- Provide coaching and mentorship as needed and ensure that managers do the same for their team.
- Establish and roll-out an effective framework for consistency in sales process across various distributed sales teams
- Cultivate strong relationships with OEM partners and their sales leaders.
- Consistently deliver against targets – ensuring company goals, and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably.
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for all Observability products.
- Growth mindset with the ability to outline the long term vision and strategy
- Technically strong and accustomed to selling into CTOs, SREs, and Application Developers
- 5+ years experience building enterprise sales teams in the software industry
- 3+ years experience as a second-line sales leader.
- History of successful results as a second-line sales leader with a track record of delivering >40% revenue growth
- History of successful sales results with new product introductions (NPI)
- Relevant industry experience with application development and management, containers, cloud operations.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive-level presentations.
- An innovator with the courage to nourish “outside the box” thinking to surface and pursue new ideas
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus
- Ability to travel ~50%
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.