Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
- Assess, develop and grow the Splunk Observability business to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Develop joint sales plans and sales strategy with the field sales team for overachieving Observability sales targets.
- Work jointly on all aspects of the sales cycle to secure new Splunk Observability customers
- Capitalise on both new and existing relationships to introduce Splunk Observability offerings
- Upsell and cross-sell Splunk Observability Solutions into existing and target accounts
- Initiate engagement with targeted accounts and their respective buying centres; lead the opportunity creation/development process.
- Drive proactive campaigns to build the pipeline, use knowledge and skills to prospect, qualify, negotiate and close opportunities
- Effectively forecast your sales business and drive predictable and optimal business outcomes
- Work with Channel and Alliance partners to deliver growth and scale your business
- You will have extensive direct sales experience selling enterprise software to mid-size to large enterprises (required), start-up experience welcomed!
- You have previous experience working with partners, channels and alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your quota.
- You have sold a similar complex Observability or other solution software and have experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics. Understanding of Modern application architecture (micro-services) is key, along with the ability to understand and communicate technical challenges in business terms
- You have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets
- Experience in selling complex enterprise software solutions and ability to adapt in fast-growing and changing environments
- Working experience in IT Operation Management platforms in correlation with application, networking and systems management tools. A strong market landscape is required.
- Proven track record of successfully closing six and seven-figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence and polish, and excellent listening skills.
- Candidates must have strong presentation, written and oral communication skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Work well within a cross-functional team environment and lead by influence
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.