- Full Time
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Storage is the foundation of many data platforms, including Snowflake – the performance, features, and flexibility of storage can set a platform up for success, or limit its potential. Storage is absolutely a critical building block of the Snowflake Data Cloud, and we have teams squarely focused on innovating for the future, and meeting customers where they are at today. For example, the Smart Storage team has led innovation for the future with features such as Unstructured Data support, better data sharing, and Apache Iceberg support; all the while, we continue to meet customer needs with advancements in our format performance and flexible external tables. Our vision for Smart Storage is simple – we want to bring the best tools in Snowflake to customer data, wherever and however it is stored, without forcing the customer to adopt a rigid way of doing things.
We are hiring a Senior Product Manager to design, develop, and further extend our vision for Smart Storage, especially when it comes to open formats. This is a large, critical, and ambiguous role, with high visibility. In the right hands, we believe this has the potential to substantially shape the future of our business. It’s a particularly unique entrepreneurial role in an exciting, new part of our business.
We’re looking for candidates with strong technical and product management skills, as well as business and strategic acumen. At Snowflake we put our customers first and want to continue building products that our users love.
AS A PRODUCT MANAGER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Help evolve the vision, roadmap, and definition of success for one or more key areas of the Snowflake product, specifically for Snowflake’s Smart Storage portfolio of storage technologies, catalog support, file & table formats, and storage patterns.
- Work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning product, design, development, documentation, QA, marketing, sales, and support as well as our business partners.
- Collaborate across the Snowflake leadership team as well as the PM and Engineering organizations to help drive buy-in and agreement on the vision and the product.
- Participate in and contribute to open source projects, such as those related to file and table formats.
- Manage programs and structured projects related to the design and delivery of engineering efforts.
- Partner with other Snowflake Product Managers on cross-company initiatives.
- Contribute to customer preview programs and engage in frequent conversations with customers to understand their needs, listen to their feedback, and determine the usability of the product which will influence the product roadmap and feature design.
- Help coordinate project execution across feature teams.
- Own the end-to-end product life cycle from customer scenarios, product requirements, priorities, customer reviews, all the way to product/feature evangelism.
- Manage a robust customer community for your feature areas.
- Leverage data to help find the best solution to our complex problems.
OUR IDEAL PRODUCT MANAGER WILL HAVE:
- The ability to grasp the breadth of the Snowflake data cloud vision and product and, at the same time, dive down to the detailed level of a specific feature.
- Prior experience executing a vision from start to finish in the past, with an ability to take a one-word, or one-sentence, product vision and expound on it to drive a product roadmap.
- Strong interest in storage technologies, experience with various storage patterns, and enthusiasm working with open source projects related to data formats.
- Proven expertise in understanding the voice of the customer and partnering across engineering, marketing, and sales to deliver compelling products that meet those customers’ needs.
- Demonstrated track record of shipping successful storage-focused offerings in the cloud.
- Decisive and detailed oriented personality, and ready and willing to stand by their decisions.
- Ability to thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of a hyper-growth company. That means flexibility and willingness to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographies.
- Comfortable presenting and working at the CxO level within Snowflake and with Snowflake’s customers and partners.
- 4+ years of experience in product management.
- Deep understanding in the areas of Developer Tools, Developer Platforms, Programming Languages, Language Runtimes as well as open source initiatives in this space.
- Hands-on experience with products such as AWS S3, AWS Glacier, Azure Data Lake Storage, Google Cloud Storage, Apache Iceberg, Delta Lake, Pandas, Spark.
- Prior experience working with database systems is considered a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar.