Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a VP, Total Rewards, HR Operations, and People Analytics to lead our global HR Infrastructure team. The role will report to our Head of People, part of the People Leadership team, and collaborate with our Executive team and the Compensation Committee. We are looking for a strategic leader to iterate and execute on our Total Rewards roadmap, oversee our HR Operations team, and help to build our Analytics capabilities. You will also partner with the greater People Team to attract, develop, and retain diverse talent.
In this role, you will:
- Lead our Total Rewards, HR Operations, and People Analytics Team
- Build, lead, and develop a great global HR Infrastructure team to support our business as we scale.
- Demonstrate an inclusive leadership style with an emphasis on results and developing high performing team members.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
- Total Rewards Design:
- Continuously optimize compensation and benefit initiatives that are aligned to Samsara’s values, and provide flexibility and local customization to account for cultural and market differences.
- Benchmark activities across all areas of rewards to elevate our understanding of our compensation competitiveness globally, and evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of Total Rewards, including executive compensation.
- Influence stakeholders with competing priorities and differences of opinion towards a common goal and solution, enabling decision making and a plan for execution.
- Total Rewards Program Execution:
- Partner with our Finance & Strategy team on annual compensation planning and budget process.
- Forecast and propose a long-term compensation and equity strategy roadmap that is competitive in the marketplace while keeping in mind our equity pool.
- Lead our global international compensation and benefits programs for the organization, while streamlining plans where applicable and ensuring compliance with local employment regulations.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Practices:
- Drive a strategy and plan to ensure pay equity across all demographics.
- Build out dashboards to provide visibility on pay parity and progression metrics to support our efforts for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
- People Analytics
- Set vision and strategy for People Analytics discipline including research and analyses on a broad spectrum of people issues: diversity, retention, compensation, leadership development, learning and development and other key areas.
- Drive people data literacy in all levels of leadership.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 15+ years experience in People Operations; preferably in companies that have seen growth from 5000+ employees with global experience at a public company.
- Experience developing innovative global compensation, wellness and benefit plans, and working with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of a publicly traded company to gain agreement. In addition, you must be fully knowledgeable in the areas of compliance, transparency and the latest Sarbanes-Oxley legislation.
- Data-driven with a strong ability to analyze data, turning data into insights, and action plans aligned with company goals.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented.
- Ability to anticipate market trends, “see around corners”, and take proactive steps to mitigate risk and/or maximize opportunities.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- An empathetic leader, skilled at continuously raising the talent bar.
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.