Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a VP, Total Rewards & HR Operations to lead our global HR Infrastructure team. The role will report to our Head of People, part of the People Leadership team, and collaborate with our Executive team and the Compensation Committee. We are looking for a strategic leader to iterate and execute on our Total Rewards roadmap and oversee our HR Operations team. You will also partner with the greater People Team to attract, develop, and retain diverse talent.
You should apply if:
- You want to make a difference: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by the best and brightest professionals out there.
This may not be the right role for you if:
- You aren’t willing to put in the work: The opportunity we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You have nothing more to learn: Every Samsarian has a growth mindset and believes that what got us here won’t get us there.
- You aren’t a team player: Motivated by our mission, we’re all racing toward our connected operations vision, and we intend to win—together.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Lead our Total Rewards and HR Operations Team
- Build, lead, and develop a great global HR Infrastructure team to support our business as we scale
- Demonstrate an inclusive leadership style with an emphasis on results and developing high performing team members.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s Values (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long-Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Total Rewards Design:
- Continuously optimize compensation and benefit initiatives that are aligned to Samsara’s values, and provide flexibility and local customization to account for cultural and market differences.
- Benchmark activities across all areas of rewards to elevate our understanding of our compensation competitiveness globally, and evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of Total Rewards, including executive compensation.
- Influence stakeholders with competing priorities and differences of opinion towards a common goal and solution, enabling decision making and a plan for execution
- Total Rewards Program Execution:
- Partner with our Finance & Strategy team on annual compensation planning and budget process.
- Forecast and propose a long-term compensation and equity strategy roadmap that is competitive in the marketplace while keeping in mind our equity pool
- Lead our global international compensation and benefits programs for the organization, while streamlining plans where applicable and ensuring compliance with local employment regulations
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Practices:
- Drive a strategy and plan to ensure pay equity across all demographics
- Build out dashboards to provide visibility on pay parity and progression metrics to support our efforts for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 15+ years experience in People Operations; preferably in companies that have seen growth from 5000+ employees with global experience at a public company.
- Experience developing innovative global compensation, wellness and benefit plans, and working with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of a publicly traded company to gain agreement. In addition, you must be fully knowledgeable in the areas of compliance, transparency and the latest Sarbanes-Oxley legislation.
- Data-driven with a strong ability to analyze data, turning data into insights, and action plans aligned with company goals.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented.
- Ability to anticipate market trends, “see around corners”, and take proactive steps to mitigate risk and/or maximize opportunities.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- An empathetic leader, skilled at continuously raising the talent bar.
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.