Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
The Samsara Tax Department strives to be the best-in-class tax department that manages the core tax functions with efficiency, enabling the team to continuously add value throughout the Samsara supply chain. The Tax Accountant will serve as a key member of the tax department, responsible for Indirect Tax/VAT compliance in EMEA as well as assisting with EMEA Direct Tax projects as required. This role will be a key resource for other functional departments ensuring we deliver exceptional service to our internal and external stakeholders.
You should apply if:
- You want to make a difference: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by the best and brightest professionals out there.
This may not be the right role for you if:
- You aren’t willing to put in the work: The opportunity we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You have nothing more to learn: Every Samsarian has a growth mindset and believes that what got us here won’t get us there.
- You aren’t a team player: Motivated by our mission, we’re all racing toward our connected operations vision, and we intend to win—together.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure the accurate and timely filing of Samsara’s indirect/VAT returns in EMEA, partnering with external preparers to maintain full compliance.
- Proactively identify, manage and implement indirect tax opportunities for the business.
- Ensure new markets launch with indirect tax compliance requirements and processes implemented, minimizing risk and identifying savings opportunities.
- Assist the broader finance team with indirect tax related items for monthly/quarterly book reconciliations/closings.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, order to cash, and procure to pay teams on customer and vendor indirect tax compliance.
- Work with external advisers in managing identified long-term and discrete projects.
- Manage taxing authority indirect tax audits and notice resolution in EMEA.
- Assist the wider Tax team with ad hoc direct tax projects as required.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3-5 years of experience in practice, industry or a combination of both.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related discipline.
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification.
- Willingness and ability to perform tasks at all levels, from detailed preparation to high level review.
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Prior experience using Vertex, Netsuite and Salesforce systems.
- A working knowledge of tax accounting, direct tax and international tax concepts.
- Experience within the software/hardware/SaaS industry.
- Fluency in a second European language.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.