- Full Time
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally and collect more than 40 billion minutes of video footage and 5 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a Strategic Supply Chain Analyst to support our growing hardware supply chain. In this role you will partner with Operations, Supply Chain, Planning, Manufacturing, Engineering and Marketing to shape the future of strategic supply chain initiatives, with a focus on cost tracking, hardware spend analytics and new product introductions. You will work with cross-functional teams to identify trends in hardware spend, deliver market insights, evaluate key commodity forecasts, and provide subject matter expertise to executive stakeholders with analytical and graphical presentations. Ideal candidates should be curious learners with experience in direct supply chain analytics, be able to drive new processes and tools, and are comfortable translating large amounts of data into actionable insights.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Manage hardware supply chain analytics, including costs, spend and forecasts.
- Perform detailed spend modeling to identify trends with various sourcing strategies.
- Use technical expertise to implement tools and best practices for data management.
- Assist GSM’s with insights and strategy for new programs and technologies.
- Own and identify cost savings forecast rollups and comparisons to actual progress.
- Work with GSM’s to define JDM and sub-tier supplier cost targets and plan of record.
- Hold regular executive forums to review trending costs and progress vs targets.
- Collaborate with NPI and Operations teams to track costs and implementation schedules of value engineering and sourcing activities.
- Provide cost analytics, intelligence and insights across programs for BOM and CapEx.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years of experience of supply chain analytics.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, prioritization, and triage of complicated issues.
- Ability to dive deep into understanding strategic insights and commodity trends.
- Advanced analytical skills, expertise in data management and modeling projections.
- Ability to define best practices for data collection processes, translate data into insights and craft executive presentations.
- History of collaboration across technical & non-technical teams with strong relationship building skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, creative, and critical problem-solving capabilities.
- BS minimum in a relevant analytical field e.g. Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, Finance, Business.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.