Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Our Strategic Customer Success Managers pick up where our Strategic Implementation team leaves off, working closely with our largest lighthouse customers to understand their fleet and unique challenges, advising on how to customize Samsara for their needs, and becoming their long-term partner.
Your role will be cross-functional in nature, working alongside and connecting Sales, Support, Sales Engineering and Product, enabling you to experience multiple aspects of a hyper-growth company from within.
In this role, you will:
- Be on the front-lines and ensure our customers increase the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of their operations with our IoT platform
- Compose joint success plans with customers, outlining their objectives, metrics, timelines, and effectively removing any barriers to achieving business value
- Orchestrate executive business reviews with our customers’ decision makers and our executive leadership where we look back at past successes and align on upcoming goals
- Conduct workshops with customers to understand their current operations and recommend workflow changes to get the most out of their Samsara products
- Deeply understand the Samsara platform’s capabilities and explain them to businesses of all types – field services, utilities, long-haul transportation, school buses, and many more.
- Serve as a mentor to the wider Customer Success and Support teams
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 6+ years of experience in a senior Customer Success, account management, or strategic consulting role. Enterprise SaaS experience preferred
- This is a demanding position with high internal visibility, that requires strong priority management and high emotional intelligence
- Experience supporting or working with technical products
- Solutions-oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Proven track record of building trust and communicating effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders: executives, Product and Engineering leadership, day-to-day users of our software
- Passion for going above and beyond the call of duty, taking initiative, and thriving in a fast-paced, change-heavy environment
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
- Fluent in either French or German
An ideal candidate also has:
- Strong bias for action, the ability to think big, with insistence on high standards
- Experience serving and supporting large-scale business solutions at Fortune 500 companies
- Thrives in an unstructured, fast-paced, and change-heavy environment
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.