Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Project Manager for our Go-To-Market Systems team. We have an opportunity to create a world class organization and are looking for people with the following characteristics:
- A desire to improve customer experience
- A desire to improve quality
- A desire to build bullet-proof systems
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- A stubborn devotion to being the best
- A deep animosity toward mediocrity
- Strong consulting, customer management skills or a desire to learn
- Fanatical ability to deliver customer satisfaction
The successful candidate is responsible for project managing GTMS scrum team(s), ensuring the quality of the releases, and the successful delivery of projects and programs within our business. This candidate will have the opportunity to improve many internal processes and implement corporate-wide project/program management standards. Your daily tasks will allow you to work closely with software developers, IT management and a diverse group of cross-functional teams including finance, accounting, supply chain and order fulfillment.
In this role, you will:
- Manage project delivery, including milestones, prototype builds, and launch
- Develop a Release Management process to make sure no release conflicts delay deployments
- Aggregate information from different team members to create plans and deliver results
- Resolve technical, scheduling and resource conflicts by prioritizing based on project goals
- Establish process to manage changes for all project components
- Work with stakeholders within our business functions, from the executive level down throughout the organization.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Extensive experience working with SFDC and Sales, Marketing and Customer Success related functions, with deep understanding of the processes and operations in these functions
- Experience leading Release management for technical teams
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with an ability to build relationships and work across multi-functional organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to perform under pressure situations, while developing sound implementation approaches which solve the business problem
- Demonstrated track record of creating, implementing and managing disciplined, well documented processes supporting explicit service levels
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrates ability to use innovative ideas to solve problems in a cost effective manner
- Proven track record of project management in a fast pace growth environment
- Project management using Agile, Kanban, and Waterfall methodologies
- Effective leadership, communication, collaboration, problem solving and project management skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience in project management in high-tech companies
- Business English
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.