Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Sales Strategy and Planning Team’s mandate is to partner cross-functionally to realize growing revenue targets, scale the organization sustainably, and address new business opportunities and challenges. We are responsible for determining where our growth will come from over the next 3 years as well as determining the optimal quotas for each of our business segments that will support our revenue growth. This team works closely with Strategic Finance on long-term financial planning including revenue forecasting and cost-efficiency.
In this role, you will:
- Lead analytics on sales team performance and quota attainment and partner with Sales Leadership to plan and advise on quota coverage, headcount, and sales compensation to support our growth plans
- Identify strategic areas of growth and recommend additional investments, including areas such as new international areas, industry verticals, and customer segments
- Work cross-functionally with our Finance and Marketing teams to ensure our plan is synchronized with our top-of-funnel and other financial metrics
- Partner directly with senior sales leadership to lead our quarterly business review process, driving analysis to understand team performance and trajectory and identify opportunities for accelerated growth
- Partner with Strategic Finance on financial forecasts and provide inputs on sales productivity, sales performance, and cost of sale trends
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate also has:
- 5+ years of experience in Consulting, Finance, Business Operations, Sales Operations, or other analytical roles
- Kind and collaborative orientation who is energized by working with a lot of different types of people from many teams
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects on a tight deadline
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with executives (EVP of Sales, Sales VPs, Sales Directors) and cross-functional partners
- Comfortable with ambiguity and enthusiastic about improving efficiencies
- Strong skillset with analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel) and willingness to expand skill set to tackle new problems. Experience with Salesforce is nice to have
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.