Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Product Operations & Strategy team is responsible for partnering with Product and working cross-functionally to launch new products, scale the organization effectively, and address new business opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced candidate to lead our GTM Strategy & Operations initiatives. These include launching new products, leading complex product lifecycle and retirement initiatives and rollouts, as well as driving continuous improvements in our processes. The ideal candidate brings a unique blend of strong strategic and operational / execution skills. They are a data-driven problem solver who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and diving into the operational details to get things done.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, finance, customer-facing teams, and customers to design and execute on beta programs, new product go-to-market launches, and retirement programs
- Lead end-to-end strategy and execution of large cross-functional initiatives
- Drive decision making with senior stakeholders on critical product decisions (e.g., GTM launch dates and strategy)
- Identify and drive step change improvements (e.g., playbooks, system improvements, policies) in our GTM processes
- Establish robust feedback loops across product, engineering, and customers/customer-facing teams
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 7+ years of experience in product operations, program management, or consulting
- Strong analytical skills – the ability to structure analysis and derive data-driven insights
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to break down ambiguous problems and turn them into actionable solutions and insights
- Ability to build strong relationships with PMs, engineers, senior leaders (e.g., Product Directors/VPs), and cross-functional partners
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to execute on large, cross-functional projects
- Comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter, and has an enthusiasm for improving efficiencies
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers, executives, and internal audiences
An ideal candidate also has:
- Previous experience as a Product Manager, Product Ops, Program Manager at a fast growing B2B SaaS or hardware company
- MBA is a plus
- Experience with data tools (e.g., Tableau, Databricks, SQL); willingness to learn new tools if needed
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.