Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara’s disruptive IoT technology is seeing tremendous growth in a number of new markets, and one of the fastest growing opportunities is in Mexico. Businesses across Mexico are increasingly looking to technology providers to help track physical operations, improve efficiency, and improve the safety of their workforce, and Samsara is well on its way to becoming a best-in-class platform to support them.
As the first product manager focused on the Mexico market, you’d have broad responsibilities to expand our platform and launch new experiences that increase our presence in this fast growing market. You’d work closely with customers to understand their businesses and the operational challenges unique to Mexico and be responsible for identifying the most meaningful problems we should solve for them. Armed with that knowledge, you would form a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make and work across multiple product teams to make it a reality.
This role is open to candidates in the US, Canada and Mexico, and can be fully remote or based in an office, depending on candidate preference.
In this role, you will:
- Directly interact with customers to solicit feedback and synthesize a roadmap and long-term strategy across multiple product lines to ensure customers in Mexico are successful on Samsara.
- Partner closely with our Mexico-focused sales, customer success, support, and growth teams to ensure our end-to-end offering makes customers happy and expands our market share
- Develop a technical understanding of our product’s systems and work with Design, Engineering and Marketing to launch new products and features that customers love
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3-5+ years in a product role having shipped and refined complex, technical products
- Native-level fluency in Spanish, and business fluency in English. Able to present to customers and internal audiences in both languages.
- Knack for pulling insights from quantitative and qualitative data to articulate customer challenges
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers.
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience building technical products, APIs/platforms, Automotive/GPS tracking solutions
- Familiarity with B2B sales
- Experience working in or delivering solutions to the Mexico market
- Worked in early stage, growth environments or started a company
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, etc.) preferred. MS, PhD, or MBA is a plus.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.