Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally and collect more than 40 billion minutes of video footage and 5 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
Samsara’s Product team works to bring our disruptive IoT technology to market, accelerating the adoption of sensor data to improve efficiency at a massive scale. Vehicle Telematics is one of our largest revenue generating products and the data we acquire from vehicles creates the foundation for numerous Fleet user experiences across Samsara’s portfolio. As the product lead for the Integrations team, you’ll be responsible for setting the end-to-end integration strategy for the Telematics organization as well as executing against that strategy to make sure Samsara is the number one player in the marketplace. In this role, you’ll learn about our customers’ operational needs, identify the most important problems we can solve for them and develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market.
- Leverages competitive intelligence and market insights to strategically grow the Samsara moat
- Interacts regularly with customers to shape our roadmap
- Shepherds ideas from concept through release, including all GTM motions
- Continuously balances a complex set of priorities, serving existing customers with requested enhancements and building new functionality across multiple product areas
- Partners with Business Development and Finance to identify opportunities and narrow in on the right approach
As a Senior Product Manager, you will play a critical role in this team by partnering with engineering, design, product, GTM and field leaders at Samsara to drive this portfolio forward.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Set our business strategy, leveraging inputs from the broader market and customer priorities
- Work with engineering to set measurable goals and define a roadmap to deliver on them
- Interface with customers to ensure that we reach the outcomes required for their ultimate success. Define product requirements for user-facing capabilities, and serve as the ‘voice of the customer’ in trade-off discussions and decision-making forums
- Develop a technical understanding of our platform to successfully develop and launch new features in collaboration with Design, Engineering and Marketing
- Contribute to enhance the practice of product management at Samsara to help drive hyper-growth at scale
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years in a product management role with experience owning at least one complex solution space, spanning strategy, concept validation, development and launch
- A strategic thinker who thrives when developing long-term strategy in addition to delivering tactical execution
- Experience working in a customer-focused environment. Demonstrated ability to establish trust and credibility with partners and customers, with a knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong understanding on how to deliver customer value, globally, and at-scale
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers, partners, and internal audiences, adjusting your communication style based on your audience
- Strong credibility with engineers and ability to understand technical systems
- A proven track-record of delivering outstanding results, managing significant complexity and bold timelines. You have a bias-to-action and are not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills — balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Excellent analytical sense, and experience driving products & business decisions that involve quantitative analysis
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience building products and solutions that span hardware and cloud software
- History of leading several, successful zero to one and at-scale B2B products
- Passion for the automotive industry, connected equipment or IoT technology
- Degree in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, etc.) with academic achievements in Business and Marketing preferred but not required
- Experience working with or an understanding of APIs preferred but not required
- Experience building Third Party Integrations/Partnerships preferred but not required
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.